Essential EU Climate Law
This thoroughly revised second edition provides an up-to-date account of essential EU climate mitigation law, analysing an area that remains one of the most dynamic fields of EU law. Special attention is paid to the energy sector and to the impact of climate law on broader legal issues, such as energy network regulation and human rights.
Written by leading scholars of EU climate law from the University of Groningen, the book addresses the relevant directives and regulations, examining their implementation and impact on current policy and academic debate. Chapters guide the reader through key topics including the EU emissions trading system, renewable energy consumption, and carbon capture and storage.
Key features of the second edition include:
• A clear and accessible introduction to EU climate mitigation law
• Comprehensive coverage of the climate targets and instruments of the EU
• Special focus on the relationship between climate law and energy law
• New classroom questions to stimulate further discussion and debate
• Educational design based on reviews by climate law students and lecturers.
Combining educational design and analytical accuracy, this book will be an indispensable guide for both students and professionals. It is highly recommended for courses on EU climate mitigation law, as well as climate law, energy law, environmental law and EU law.
PART I INTRODUCTION
1 Purpose, approach and outline of the book 2
2 EU climate policy 10
PART II ESSENTIAL EU CLIMATE LAW
3 EU emissions trading system 44
4 Regulation of emissions from non-ETS sectors 74
5 Renewable energy consumption 98
6 Energy efficiency 130
7 Carbon capture and storage 156
8 Regulation of fluorinated gases 190
PART III OVERARCHING ISSUES IN EU CLIMATE REGULATION
9 EU climate law and energy network regulation 207
10 Multi-level governance in EU climate law 237
11 Human rights and EU climate law 259
PART IV CONCLUSION
12 The past and possible future of EU climate law 294
Mensen die dit boek kochten, kochten ook...
- Aansprakelijkheids- en verzekeringsrecht
- Algemeen juridisch
- Bank- en effectenrecht
- Burgerlijk recht en procesrecht
- Europees-internationaal recht
- Fiscaal recht
- Intellectuele eigendom en ict-recht
- Mens en maatschappij
- Milieu- en omgevingsrecht
- Notarieel recht
- Personen- en familierecht
- Sociale zekerheidsrecht
- Strafrecht en criminologie
- Vastgoed- en huurrecht